Avocado is one of my favourite foods.
I absolutely love avocado! I always have, and always will.
However, it’s only in recent years that I’ve discovered how many ways there are for me to enjoy this green creamy fruit, other than the usual guacamole or chopped up in a salad.
- Creamy Avocado Tomato Soup (Not strictly vegan, but I simply use a vegetable stock rather than the chicken broth)
Of course in addition to these recipes, you can simply add chopped, sliced or mashed avocado to toast, salads, salsas, sandwiches, wraps and more. Not forgetting my old faithful, guacamole.
- native to Central and South America
- come in many varieties
- high in omega 3 fatty acids
- contains many essential vitamins and minerals
- contains more potassium than a banana
- can be considered a “high protein” fruit
- can be use as a butter replacement when baking
- can be used in homemade skin and hair treatments
Did you know this creamy green gem was so versatile and packed with so much goodness?