After the emotionally charged events last week, this week has thankfully felt a lot calmer. The main news for us in the UK is that we now have a new prime minister, who also happens to be a woman. What that means for the country, women and Brexit, I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Literally, as I finalise this post, I have been alerted to the awful events that have just taken place in Nice.
My thoughts are with the people who have been affected by the attack and their families.
The negative news seems relentless at the moment and although it might not be much, I hope that #FridayFavs contributes even just an ounce of positivity to your day.
- With the events of the last week in the US, many people are feeling emotionally depleted. Here is some good advice for self-care in tense times.
- This London Popup is right up my street, serving vegan and pescetarian dishes. Definitely a must-visit for me this summer.
- Recycling will be taken to a whole new level with this new floating garden in London created with tens of thousands of plants from this year’s Chelsea Flower Show. Another must-visit for this summer.
- This simple 5 minute hair and body butter recipe is literally what I use for my skin. I’ve had eczema and dry skin my whole life and this is the only thing that keeps my skin moisturised all day.
- As someone who is way too critical of my own progress, I found the advice to do whatever you can do extremely inspiring and somewhat liberating.
- This Chili-Lime Mango Avocado Quinoa Power Salad followed by a vegan fudgesicle is a perfect summer lunch.
- Due to personal health problems I’ve probably read hundreds of articles on gut health, but this article was a good reminder of how it is linked to sleep.
- There’s a lot of advice about happiness available online, in books and by experts. However, I really like this formula for happiness. Lowered expectations and trying to improve by only 1% each day seems very realistic and achievable.
- This post could have been written by me and will be saved and sent to friends and family going forward. I even posted it to my Facebook page to explain why sometimes I just don’t want to go to their event.
- With all the negativity happening across the globe, I’m all for making this the happiest summer of my life.
And finally, in case you missed it, here are 4 simple ideas to get your living room ready for summer.
As always, have a FAB weekend!