I stopped doing it last year because I wasn’t sure how much value I was adding to you.
But my word for this year is JOY and reading blog posts brings me joy and so does sharing good stuff with you.
Oh, wait, how rude of me!
Happy New Year and all that jazz!
I hope that you let go, released and left all toxic energy, negativity and bad blood in 2016 and have had a fab start to 2017.
After feeling super overwhelmed on NYE, I’m feeling very positive and optimistic about this year.
I’ve done a lot of journaling to release what was no longer serving me and to set intentions for the coming 12 months.
However, I was also reminded on NYE that letting go is an ongoing process.
It’s not something you do on NYE and then by some miracle you’re never triggered by old thoughts and emotions ever again.
I set the intention to let go but I still have to actively work on fully releasing and healing every day.
And the same goes for all my 2017 intentions, and yours too.
Whatever we want to manifest this year we have to work on daily.
We have to commit and prioritise.
There will be times when we feel uncomfortable, overwhelmed, scared or frustrated, and during these times we need to remember what we committed to at the start of the year, and more importantly, why.
To help me stay present to my word and overall intention for the year, I bought myself a ring with the word joy on it as well as a hummingbird pendant, which represents joy.
Have you chosen a word/theme for the year or set any intentions?
I’d love to know.
In the meantime, here are some interesting and useful reads for you to enjoy:
- After 6 weeks in the UK winter weather, I’m looking forward to trying this DIY Winter Hibiscus Moisturiser to get my skin glowing again, as well as this Spiced Hot Chocolate recipe.
- This year I want to increase my knowledge of herbs and I think that this article on herbs that curb anxiety and stress and the book The Healing Kitchen which I received as a Christmas gift will give me a strong foundation of knowledge.
- I’m using the insights from Mystic Mama and The Numinous on what January has in store for us to ensure I have an intentional start to the year.
- As you know, I’m a huge advocate of self-care and I also love travelling so reading about why a solo vacation is the best self-care a woman can give herself has increased my desire to take a solo trip this year. This article also echoes many of the reasons I chose to extend my time in Tenerife.
- I love J Cole and found this feminist analysis of masculinity in his latest album, 4 Your Eyez Only, extremely interesting. I also agree with the comment in the article that “never did I imagine that the visual image of Cole folding clothes could be so pleasing”. Yes, J Cole is bae!
- Although it is extremely concerning that “fewer than 25% of the personal care products marketed specifically to Black women rated well in EWG’s Skin Deep database, compared to 40% of those available to the general public.” it is unfortunately not surprising that black women are getting the short end of the hazardous beauty stick.
- I couldn’t have described my experience of the musical Dream Girls at the Savoy Theatre any better than this review even if I tried. The show is on until October this year. Be sure to see it while Amber Riley is still in it! Her voice is incredible!
- Just when I thought the start to 2017 couldn’t get any better, I discover that Will & Grace is “absolutely” coming back to TV which almost guarantees that this year will be full of joy!
What blog posts or articles have you read this week that you recommend?
Let me know in the comments below.
Have a FAB weekend!
P.S. I just finished reading Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes which is brilliant and a great read to kick start your year.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. However, I only recommend products or services I use personally or that I believe will add value to my readers, as well as friends and family. All opinions are my own.