The journaling prompts in this post are inspired by pulling the oracle card Faith from the Self-care Card Deck by Cheryl Richardson.
The message of the card is:
Have faith. Faith grows when you act without knowing the end result.
There are so many things I want to do.
My journal is full of ideas, intentions and paths I am instinctively drawn towards.
But how many have I acted on?
Because more often than not, if I have no guarantee of the end result, I lack faith.
I lack faith in myself, in my ideas and ultimately in the journey.
We live in a time where we’re constantly bombarded with images, videos and stories of someone’s perfect, glossy, sparkly outcome. Less frequently do we see the entire journey.
We don’t get to see the nights they lay wide awake plagued by thoughts of everything that hasn’t worked out or could go wrong.
We are not privy to the voice notes where they share their feelings of inadequacy with their closest friends.
We’re not sat there when they receive each rejection or experience yet another setback.
Having faith can be hard AF and it’s often during the times when we most need it, that we find it hardest to have faith.
I try to focus on where I’m going and want to get to, rather than the fear that sometimes creeps up alongside faith.
If you’ve been connecting with me for a while, you know I turn to my journal for most things.
When my fears start becoming bigger than my faith in myself and my ideas, I get my journal out and explore what’s going on for me.
Journaling Prompts to Strengthen Your Faith
Here are some journaling prompts to help you when you find your fears growing and your faith wavering:
- What does faith mean to you?
- Who do you have faith in?
- What do you have faith in?
- Who do you lack faith in?
- Where in your life is your faith wavering?
- How can you restore your faith?
- Do you need to review your beliefs?
- How does your behaviour change when your faith in someone or something waivers?
- Where in your life is your faith deepening?
- How can you continue to deepen and strengthen your faith?
You can work through the prompts in the order they’re listed, choose the ones that you’re most drawn to or, start with the ones you feel the most resistance to.
- “Let your faith be bigger than your fear.”
- “Keep the faith, don’t lose your perseverance and always trust your gut extinct.” – Paula Abdul
- “You’ve got to have faith in what you’re doing and not take no for an answer.” – Nipsey Hussle
- “Faith. It’s all about believing. You don’t know how it will happen. But you know it will.”
- “Keep faith. The most amazing things in life tend to happen right at the moment you’re about to give up hope.”
Quote prompts can be a good alternative to questions.
Simply write about what a quote makes you feel or any thoughts or memories it triggers.
When you notice fear creeping in, I hope that you can come back to these journaling prompts and they help you to strengthen your faith.
For more prompts to inspire your journaling practice, follow on Instagram.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. However, I only recommend products or services I use personally or that I believe will add value to my readers, as well as friends and family. All opinions are my own.
Image Credit: Unsplash