The journaling prompts in this post are inspired by the oracle card Answering the Call from the Native Spirit Oracle Cards by Denise Linn.
The message of the card was:
You’ve been called. If you’ve been waiting for your life to shift, the waiting is over. Your true and authentic life is happening. If you’ve been hoping for a sign… this is it. Right now your spirit guides, ancestors and loved ones who have passed on are sending you messages, love and healing. You’ve been called and a gateway is opening for communications from these spiritual realms. Now and in the days ahead, signs from Spirit will be all around you. Watch for them.
For me, this message is a reminder to be alert and open to both the subtle and obvious signs that show up when I’m mulling over things I feel called to do but don’t yet have the faith to follow through.
Life has a habit of giving you gentle nudges but when we’re living from a place of fear, we can miss them.
A regular journaling practice allows you to connect with your inner self and penetrate your fears to get to the truth of what you truly want for yourself and your life.
Journaling Prompts to Connect With Your Inner Self
- If you could communicate with your ancestors, what would they be saying to you?
- How can you develop a deeper connection with your ancestors?
- What messages, signs or “coincidences” have you been noticing?
- Where in your life have you been waiting for something to happen?
- What have you been waiting for?
- What are you being called to do?
- What are you ready for?
- What is now the perfect time for?
- How does your truest, most authentic life look and feel?
- How can you align more closely with your truest and most authentic life?
You can work through the prompts in the order they’re listed, choose the ones that you’re most drawn to or, start with the ones you feel the most resistance to.
- “An authentic life is the most personal form of worship. Everyday life has become my prayer.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Coincidence is a messenger sent by truth.” – Jacqueline Winspear
- “If you ask the universe for signs, believe what shows up.”
- “The universe doesn’t answer questions. It simply gives you signs.”
- “Become your ancestor’s wildest dream.” – Ava DuVernay
Quote prompts can be a good alternative to questions.
Simply write about what a quote makes you feel or any thoughts or memories it triggers.
Fear is not something any of us can completely eliminate and in fact, there are many scenarios where fear can keep us safe.
A regular journaling practice will help you to connect with your inner self and over time identify where your fear is valid and where it is holding you back.
For more prompts to inspire your journaling practice, follow on Instagram.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. However, I only recommend products or services I use personally or that I believe will add value to my readers, as well as friends and family. All opinions are my own.
Image Credit: Unsplash